Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Jersey Shore???


I watch the Jersey Shore, I must admit.  I know, I know, it can kill a few brain cells in the midst of entertaining the absolute balls out of you.  Prior to really getting into the show, I would make fun of people that watched it; not too much unlike the same instance with myself and American Idol but I digress.  Jersey Shore is racist, problematic, sexist, and about another eleven to seventeen adjectives and descriptors that either I can’t pronounce or choose not to use in my daily vocabulary.  With that said, what a great show!  I have to kind of dumb myself down a bit just to “beat that beat” back up to get in the right frame of mind to watch this show Thursday nights at 8/7c on MTV- ha, I'm addicted.  I’m literally excited when I see that it’s scheduled to record on my DVR.  I guess it’s the adult side of me that finds excitement in something so benign and normal as a TV show recording, and the childish side of me that is excited to watch the Jersey Shore in all of its' lack of sexual integrity slash drunken stupor cesspool glory.  I mean who am I?  I’m Suzie Strongwater; a strong individual empowered woman who has been sucked into Televisions proverbial Chlamydia of a show and that statement isn’t too far from the truth if you’ve ever watched it.  I mean just watch MVP “get it in” a few times, and you’ll see what I’m talking about.  They are all a bunch of "dirty little hamsters".

I just feel like I’m re-living a horrible time in my life when I was lonely and looking for love in all the wrong places while over indulging in alcohol and cheap laughs.  Don’t we all go through this stage? It’s like a window into a world of ridiculously tan, athletic, and mostly neurotic people.  It’s not that different from much other reality TV, but it’s got that guido edge that everyone else is missing.  I think that I watch it because it reminds me of how glad that I am to be married, and that I don’t have to look for a juice-head guerrilla anymore to keep me warm at night.  Isn’t that what all orange high haired guidette’s want?

In the words of a great friend that will remain unnamed that also is obsessed with this show, let’s call her Fretta, "It's sad that we talk about it so much, but you just can't help but watch it."

By the way, while we are on the subject, someone needs to punch Sammi in the face.

And, so goes the story…and the demise of the American way of life…

1 comment:

  1. I know you fantasize about those sexy orangy-tan jersey guys!

    ReplyDelete